Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Kalina Family Reunion ~ 2008

This past weekend was the Kalina Family Reunion at the Inn of the Hills in Kerrville. We've had it there every other year for the past 8 years. It was a little small this year, but we still had lots of fun. The whole family picked me up in SA Friday morning. The came to SA in mom's care and then we had to transfer everything to my truck so we could all fit along with everything we had packed. You would have thought we were going for a week! After some crying and screaming, and lots of luggage maneuvering, we finally got on the road and made it into town around 1. Dad and Ryan were dropped off at the golf course, while mom, Rach, and I grabbed some food and ate lunch by the river. After we checked in, we went to the pool. The Inn has two pools...one at the hotel, and one down by the river. The one by the river never has anyone there, probably because you have to walk a ways to get to it. When we got there, there was only one other family there, so it was nice and relaxing. The water, however, was freezing! And the wind was blowing so it made it even colder! I didn't stay in the water long, so I laid out and got some much needed sun for my pasty white skin.

By that time, some of my other family members had made it in, so we sat by the pool at the hotel chatting with them, and killing time before dinner. We ate at Mamacita's! Yum! I know that it's a chain, but the one in Kerrville is by far the best! We had some drinks and enjoyed way too much chips and salsa. After we got back to the hotel and our dinner had time to digest, we trekked our way across the parking at 9:00 at night to Dairy Queen to chow down on some blizzards. This has become a sort of tradition for us at the reunion, so of course we have to continue it, no matter how full you are or what type of diet you may be on!

On Saturday, Dad and I got up early to go shopping for essentials like coffee and watermelon. The morning was spent visiting with family, and some card playing. Lunch at the hotel was good as always, and of course, I ate way too much. It's dangerous to offer desserts on a buffet and then offer 30 different desserts. We all got dinner plates and loaded up on one of everthing. After lunch, mom, Annette, and I took Josh to the Ingram Dam. He had never been there, and I have been raving about it for awhile, so he wanted to see what it's all about. Basically, the river is dammed in Ingram. But the cool thing is that you can slide down! And then crawl back up and do it all over again. Or you can hang out in the river behind the dam. We discovered it probably 10-12 years ago, and love it. But be sure to take a crappy bathing suit or old shorts because they will get torn when you go down. We didn't go down, but we hope to head out there one weekend. We then went back to the hotel to load up, and Josh and I came back into SA. We got up early Sunday to start cleaning the house, which is in the previous post.

I didn't take a whole lot of pics, but these are some I snagged from Rach. When I get a chance, I'll post some of the ones I took.






No comments: