Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Stress!

The other day I had written about our moving adventure and when I clicked to post it, something happened and nothing was there. AARRGHH!!! One day I will get to it, I hope. Maybe I'll just post the pics and you can create your own theories of how it went! Ha!

We got moved in. That's the main thing. And believe it or not, mostly unpacked. The living room, master bedroom, kitchen, bathrooms, and "my room" are all unpacked and pretty organized. The guest bedroom and Josh's "man cave" are not really set up. The guest bedroom is ok, but needs some more work. The "man cave" is still a sea of boxes, golf clubs, and deer antlers. But that's his room, therefore, I am not stressing about it. I was stressing about "my room" because for the next two months, it is going to be "wedding central," and I needed my space to be organized. I think I accomplished it fairly well. After we get everything situated, I'll have to take more pics to show the finished product.

We went to the 'burg this past weekend to accomplish more wedding tasks, and I think we are on a roll. Saturday morning, bright and early, mom and I met Josh and his parents in La Grange to take care of picking out tuxes. It was an incredibly simple and painless 30 minutes. Thankfully I took Rach's bridesmaid dress with me and I think we matched the vests/ties perfectly for the groomsmen. After that, mom, SuSu (Josh's mom), and I hopped on 71 to head to Houston. The guys went back to Seguin to visit with Wayne's (Josh's dad) cousin Dale.

We went to Arne's to get party stuff for the reception. Has anybody been to this place? OMG! It's awesome and amazing and there aren't enough adjectives to describe this place! They have anything and everything you could ever want or need for a party or wedding, and it's all really cheap! We got plate, napkins, and forks for the cakes. We also got a hairclip for me. I can't remember if I had wrote about it, but mom and I had spent about two hours on Harwin street looking for a hairclip, with absolutely no luck. We go to Arne's and, boom, there it is. After party supplies, we stopped at Macy's for I don't what, but mom and I got a Starbucks. (As a sidenote: being at the mall and starbucks, you sure wouldn't know that we are in a recession right now!) Our final stop was Palais Royal. I ended up with a dress for the Bachelorette party that I paid $12 for! Oh yeah! It was on sale big time!

Then it was back to the 'burg for the caterer tasting at Mik's. Mmm...you know if John is cooking it's going to be good! (Another sidenote: mom taught John in high school, and he never fails to mention that she always made him write lines!) In addition to being a wonderful cook, he is also highly entertaining! Anyways, on to the food...We tried roast beef, roasted chicken breast, roasted pork loin, chicken fried steak, and chicken Parmesan over pasta. The sides were green beans, onion potatoes, twice baked potatoes, grilled vegetables, and a delicious salad that he makes! Wow! We were blown away with how good it all was! We made some really great decisions and I think everyone is going to be very pleased. I'm not going to say what we chose, so that if you are at the wedding, you will be surprised! We're going to use him for the rehearsal dinner and the reception. And we told him that he has to be there the day of the wedding because he's going to be the entertainment.

Sunday was filled with breakfast and running more errands. We went by my Grandma Elsie's house to collect jars for the decorations. She has so many jars, we barely made a dent with the 30 or 40 we got. We also went by the Kalina's and got to visit with them before we had to pack up and head out. Josh and I were both exhausted when we got back. But I am so excited that the wedding stuff is coming together. Only 2 1/2 more months! Yes! I can't wait for it to be over!

Stay tuned for more fun and adventures in house ownership and wedding planning!

No comments: