Monday, June 9, 2008

Slowly but surely

I spent a very busy, but succcessful weekend in the 'burg. And I got to hang out with my mom which is always a trip!

We headed into Houston Saturday morning to do some shopping and for her to get her haircut, which is really cute!! Then we went to Harwin Street to look for my jewelry for the wedding. I have the necklace, but nothing else. We went there thinking that we were going to find everything! HA! We only found earrings! Our main goal was to find a hairclip, but we found nothing. We then went to Arne's which is way on the east side, but it's a huge 2 story warehouse filled with anything and everything party related. They have a whole wedding related section, so we started there. Not really realizing it, we walked by a glass case where lo and behold, they had hairclips!! And I found the one!!!! I couldn't believe it!! As soon as we stopped looking specifically for it, we found it. Along with all kinds of other stuff. Garters, champagne glasses, napkins, plates, forks, spoons, cups...everything for really cheap!! We're gonna go back at the end of June to get everything. It was so exciting and such a relief to find all of it!!

Sunday was full of church picnic fun! Mom and Aunt Cindy are in charge of the popcorn/nacho/tea booth. I went to help setup and work the first shift. Mom and I had to leave to go sort out flowers and cake stuff. First was the florist, Barbara. Mom has used her for years and she is so creative!! I told her my colors and kind of what I am wanting. She is going to talk to her wholesaler about particular flowers and get back to me. Then it was on to the cake lady, Liz. I love her cakes!! My mom only uses her for any cakes we need. They are always moist and have the best flavor. We got the groom's cake and mine sorted out. I think they are going to look really good!!

We got home and I got all packed up to leave, was ready to pull out of the driveway and mom noticed that our neighbors calf was out. As we were on the phone calling the neighbors, the calf decides to run through the neighbors yard. When I go to chase it down, I notice there is another one out as well! It was like three ring circus trying to chase these things down and back under the fence. But we got it done and I headed on my way back to SA to start another fun filled week!!!

I'm hoping to get some more wedding stuff this weekend. It's slowly starting to come together!!!

No comments: