Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Some photography

I have always been interested in photography and taking pictures, and I've gotten a little more interested in the last two years or so.

My current obsession started a few months ago when I discovered The Pioneer Woman's blog. I really can't remember how I happened upon it, but I did. I think I found it around the end of February/beginning of March, and I've spent the time since then reading just about every entry. I really like her photography skills and her Photoshop tutorials.


On her site, I discovered "actions." I work with Photoshop every day at work and am lucky enough to have access to CS2, but I had never heard of actions. Probably because I'm usually not working with photographs, but renderings. Anyway, she has two set of actions you can download for free. Plus, I went online and downloaded some other ones for free as well. As soon as I discovered these actions, my world opened up like never before! I started going through my photos looking for pics good enough to apply these actions too.


And in the process of learning about actions, I also learned about the really cool affect of the black and white photo with color.





So, the following photos are some pics I have taken the last couple of years that I really like and wanted to play with. I am no expert, but I am enjoying learning about this, and playing with a different aspect of Photoshop! The first pictures in the sets are the before's and the rest are the after's.


This was from Sigma Alpha National Convention in St. Louis




Ft. Davis, Texas







Vancouver, British Columbia








Cactus flower - Schulenburg, Texas








Bluebonnet - Schulenburg, Texas






Phlox - Schulenburg, Texas






Bluebonnets - Schulenburg, Texas








Claret Cup Cactus - Big Bend National Park, Texas






Vancouver, British Columbia




blog signature 2


No comments: