Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Today is a day unlike any other

Although, I have a feeling that I am going to have a quite a few more like this.

You see, I was laid off from my job yesterday. It's ok though. I have had a feeling for a few weeks that some changes were about to happen. For about two weeks I have been calling around to places to see if they are hiring. I wanted to be prepared just in case. I haven't had much luck with anybody hiring, so here I sit at home.

Which is why today is unlike any other day. Ever since I was in high school working for my dad, every day, Monday through Friday, and sometimes on the weekends, I was always up going to school or work. If I wasn't doing that, I was going to an appointment or doing something productive. This is the first day in all this time, that I woke up this morning and didn't have anything specific to do. Of course I am still calling people, and cleaning up around the house, but it's not the same. And it's quite depressing.

I did file for unemployment online this morning, but hopefully I can find something before that goes through. We'll see though.


Photobucket

No comments: