Friday, October 2, 2009

Labor Day Weekend

Emphasis on LABOR


On the Friday of the start of Labor Day weekend, I get a call from Josh while I am at work and he asks if it would be alright if we get some sod that a friend of his has left over from a job. I said sure! We would getting 3 palettes of Zoysia for really cheap! Heck yeah, we'll take it!

So, Saturday and Sunday morning, Josh scrapes and tills the backyard to get it ready. I wish I had some before, before pictures of what it looked like with the little bit of dormant grass we had, but I didn't get any.

This is what our yard looked like Sunday morning...

Before





Sunday afternoon we got about half of it laid out. By we I mean Josh and me. By ourselves! We stopped halfway through and went swimming at a friend's house with the dogs.

During



Then we got up bright and early Monday morning to finish the job. While we were getting started again, our neighbor Allen comes over and asks me if I would like to borrow his wheelbarrow. Of course I would! The funny thing is that I had asked Josh to ask Allen the day before and Josh assured me that Allen didn't have one, and obviously hadn't asked! Wow that thing made our job so much easier!
Now we have a yard that is mostly covered by beautiful, new zoysia!

After




The best part is that the week after we laid it, is when we got close to a foot of rain, so we didn't have to worry about watering! Yeah!


Photobucket

No comments: