Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Today is a day kind of like another

The last time I started off like this, I was laid off. And the same is true this time.

I was laid off again yesterday afternoon! Only this time, I wasn't expecting it. It was a complete shock. I thought things were looking up and getting better! I think I am still in a little bit of shock. Even though it is Wednesday and I am sitting on the couch watching The Golden Girls in my pajamas, it still doesn't feel real!

I started there June 1, and it was kind of an adjustment from the company I was at. It was a very slow start and I felt like I couldn't pick up on a good stride. This last month I finally felt like I was hitting that stride where I didn't have to ask a lot of questions and I could complete things by myself.

So much for that! It is such a weird feeling to be sitting here on the couch watching the The Golden Girls in my pajamas. It's so surreal right now.

On top of being laid off, it seems like my family is starting to fall apart! Last Monday, October 5, my Grandpa Bennie passed away at 96. Now this week, my Grandpa Jim is in the hospital with a staph infection! A few weeks ago, Grandma Edith was in the hospital for back pain and an inner ear infection! One of my dad's first cousins fell out of tree and may be paralyzed from the waist down!

I really think that 2009 will go down as one of the worst years of my life! Here's hoping that the rest of this year starts looking up!


Photobucket

1 comment:

Kelsey @ Seattle Smith's said...

I am so sorry to hear about your job and all of the family things going on right now! I will be praying for you to be at peace and things to work out ASAP!!!