Monday, March 29, 2010

Alright

I am alright. I just really haven't felt like blogging. I've had plenty to say, but every time I sat down, I didn't feel like writing.

This unemployment thing is getting really old. These past two weeks have been incredibly depressing. I don't have much hope or positivity to keep me going. It really sucks to get an email saying that 'the position has been filled, but feel free to apply for another.' I don't know what else to do about finding a job! Luckily a family friend has a friend here in SA who works for a bank, and he is going to help me find a job! That's a very small bright spot! But that bright spot needs to get a lot brighter fast because I checked yesterday and my unemployment benefits are going to run out in 4 weeks and some change. Talk about depressing!

In the midst of all the "depressingness," I turned 28!! Oh my goodness, I seriously cannot believe I am 28! It just doesn't seem possible! I didn't do much for my birthday. We just hung out at the house and then went out to eat. And Josh got me some Vera Wang perfume, which is my favorite! I have been out for a long time (like 2 years long time), but I have kept the bottle so that I would remember to get some. Josh saw the empty bottle and surprised me! I love it! It makes me happy!

This weekend was Josh's birthday. He took Thursday and Friday off so that we could take care of some stuff around the house. We got most of it taken care of, in addition to some unforeseen problems like the kitchen sink backing up. I am so thankful that I married a man who is handy around the house and can fix things. He's probably saved us thousands of dollars on repairmen! We snaked the pipe a few times, and the sink works like new!

My last cake decorating class is tomorrow and I am so excited to see our finished product. We've just been making flowers in this class, and then we will put them on the cake. I think it is going to turn out very cute!

So, that's where we are. Life is still chugging along. Here's hoping I can catch a break soon!! :)


Photobucket

No comments: