Saturday, April 3, 2010

Sepia Saturday

This is my Grandpa Jim, my dad's dad.

His real name is Vaclav (Vatz-lov), with Jim being the English translation. He was born in September 1918, making him 91 years young. Yes, he's still alive and kicking. Up until October of 2009, he and my grandma were still living on the farm where he grew up. His parents had moved to the farm when he was only a few months old.

He served in the Army during WWII. I don't know much about his time in the service, at least not off the top of my head. The one thing I do know, is that he was shot in the leg, earning him a Purple Heart.

He has the best sense of humor, even now that he is in the nursing home. He's not happy with where he is, but he's making the best of it. For being 91, he still has his wits about him for the most part. I'm hoping we have quite a few more years left to have him around!


Photobucket

No comments: