Thursday, April 8, 2010

Wildflowers

I have a soft spot in my heart for wildflowers! I think it was in the 6th grade that I had to have a wildflower collection for science class. Ever since then, I have always been enamored with any and all kinds of wildflowers.

Since we had a such a fantastic winter, weather wise, for flowers, they are out in full force this year. I have been itching to get to a good area to take some pics. This past weekend afforded me that chance in more than one place.

These were at Bill & Dolores's Friday evening.




Saturday morning, Dad, Josh, & I went to my parent's farm to burn some brush piles. Once we got them started, I headed out in the pasture to see what I could find.
There was a small patch of pale blue bluebonnets. In this picture it looks more white.


There were tons of Red Paintbrush. I was on the lookout for a yellow one, but it remained elusive this year.



Wild Hyacinth

Spiderwort
These are on the land behind my parent's house. Saturday afternoon, we took a little hike to the creek with Rylie to check out the flowers and the dewberry situation for the year (looks promising!).
Rylie checking things out



This ladybug would not hold still for anything!


Buttercup. This is a true buttercup. The pink one's that everyone calls "Buttercup" are actually Showy Primrose.


Poppy - I love these flowers! So delicate and simple.




And the obligatory Texas Bluebonnet picture. Bayla is missing because he had finished rolling around in a huge pile of cow poop. He wasn't allowed anywhere near us!

Photobucket

No comments: