Thursday, January 8, 2009

Happy New Year!

Yes, yes, I realize I am a week late! It's been hard getting back into the swing of things...especially blogging!

New Year's was fun and low key. I went to my parents early and Josh joined me New Year's Eve. Dad and I made an awesome camp fire- we grilled steaks, roasted marshmallows, set off a few fireworks, barely made it to midnight, and went to bed! New Year's Day we spent with family for lunch and afternoon naps (we were all pretty pathetic).

Dad and Ryan took Rylie quail hunting with them to Big Bend Ranch over the weekend. I was so nervous to send her! She had been with them since Christmas and were working with her, but I was still an anxious mama! And she's not even a human kid, how sad is that!? I had two travel baskets packed for her...one with towels and blankets and the other with food, bowls, leash, hunting vest, and a bag of medicine which included a list for my dad describing what each was for! My mom got quite the kick out of me! The good news is...she did GREAT! Dad said she loved it and picked up on what they were doing immediately! She never tried to run off. Ryan told me she almost died one time...when she decided she was going to chase a boulder he had pushed over a cliff. Luckily, he said she stopped in time! My heart stopped just a little again as I typed that! Whew! But, she made it back in one piece, and the poor little thing was exhausted!!! As soon as they walked out the door, I said, "Let's go to bed." She didn't even hesitate, but headed straight for the bedroom to go to sleep. Her eyes still look tired, but her energy is getting back up there. I also got the pleasure of pulling cactus stickers out of her! She didn't even flinch or fight me when I was pulling about 30 from her chest and legs. Poor thing! Part of my reason for not posting sooner is because they told me they have pictures of her from the trip, and I was waiting to get some so I could post them. My mom told me there are close to 200 pictures and Rylie's in 99% of them! Ha! My dad complains about the dogs all the time, but he's really a sucker for them, especially her now that he knows she can hunt well! I'm just glad she's back! Bayla is too! I know he enjoyed being an only child, but I knew he was lonely when the day Rylie was coming back, he was throwing with his mouth and chasing an ice cube! I wish I could be so easily entertained!

So, when I get some pictures from the guys, I will get 'em up!

Happy New Year!
Photobucket

No comments: