Tuesday, August 4, 2009

4th of July Cupcakes

For most holidays I like to make cupcakes to take to my office and Josh's office. They are usually nothing too special, so for the 4th of July, I wanted to get a little more creative. I made a box red velvet cake, dyed can icing blue, and put white sprinkles on them. They really didn't turn out how I had hoped in my mind, but they were still pretty cute. I had wanted to do a cream filling, but something went wrong and the cream didn't turn out.





I wanted to get creative with packaging, but the only bags I found were a tad too small, but I made them work for a few. They were a huge mess to get out of the bags, so I have to keep looking for some that are a little wider on the bottom.




As I was playing around online right before the 4th, I saw these white chocolate covered strawberries and really wanted to make them! This was the last one and I realized I hadn't taken a picture of them!

I'm hoping to get a little more creative with my cupcakes, and I'll post the results here to keep track of my "progress."


Photobucket

No comments: