Monday, February 22, 2010

Any guesses?

What do you think this could be?





This is what a strawberry plant looks like after all of it's leaves have been stripped.

A few weeks ago, I bought two strawberry plants and put them in a hanging basket. I brought them in last week because it was supposed to be below freezing a few nights. On Saturday night, we went next door for a beer tasting. When we got home around 1:30 (yes a.m.), I noticed this little pile of green in the middle of the floor. I turned on the lights, checked it out, and realized that is was chewed up strawberry leaves! OMG! I ran over to the plant and saw that there wasn't a leaf left!

I have no idea what came over my dogs. I think Bayla was the one that did it. Rylie munched on a few leaves when I first got the plant, but stopped after that. Bayla kept hacking like he had something stuck in his throat. Ugh. Maybe this is a sign that I don't need to have a garden again this year!




Photobucket

No comments: