Friday, February 19, 2010

Cake Class

For the past three weeks I have been taking a cake decorating class at Michael's. I have kind of self-taught myself decorating over the years, but really wanted to take a class to learn some of the things that I hadn't learned yet.

I completely forgot to take a picture of my cake last week, but was not going to miss out this week!

We worked on perfecting the roses, learned how to make the clowns, small flowers, and borders. These pictures really don't do it justice!



I loved my clowns!! Wilton makes little plastic clown heads that you put on top of the body, but you have to buy those and I really didn't want them. It was looking like my clown was just going to have to be headless! But as soon as I got done with the body, I decided to use some of the really stiff icing to make a round head and put it on the body. One of the other girls saw that and decided to do it as well. And then it spread around the room!! Yeah it doesn't have a face, but I think it turned out really cute!



These are the little flowers we learned to make! I love them!! The color was called 'Rose,' so I assumed it was going to be a pastel color. Ha! Yeah right, it is bright, bright pink!


And these are the roses! They leave a little to be desired, but they are getting better.


I have really had a lot of fun taking this class! I am thinking of going on to Course 2 in March!


Photobucket

No comments: