Saturday, February 20, 2010

Sepia Saturday

I saw this on another blog and really liked the idea.

I am huge into family history and I love looking through old photos.

This picture was taken in the late '50s, I think 1959, on the steps at the Cathedral at Our Lady of the Lake in San Antonio. This is my dad (the little boy on his dad's left) and his family. They were there to celebrate, I believe, the 25th anniversary of his aunt, Sr. Rogata, becoming a nun.


In 2004, we had a family reunion in Kerrville. Since everyone was in town, we decided to drive into San Antonio and recreate that picture almost exactly. Then for Christmas that year, my grandparents and all the siblings got a frame that included the first picture and this one.


This picture includes my aunt Monica. In 1959, she was just a 'gleam in Grandpa's eye.' She wasn't born until 1961. :)


Then each family that was there, took a similar picture. We just have to remember to go back in 25 years to recreate it!


And then everyone who was there got in it.



Photobucket

No comments: