Monday, May 12, 2008

Time needs to slow down

so I can catch up. I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels this way though. There is so much going on right now!

There is a promising lead on the house front. We think we have found something that is going to suit us very well. We are going to check it out again today as well as some others, just to see what else is out there. But if we like it, we very well may be putting an offer in tomorrow morning...oh the scariness of opening another chapter in life. It is definitely exciting though and I'm anxious to get things moving, and getting myself moved! I can't wait until my dogs have a backyard to run around, and I can just open the door to let them out and not have to worry about it. I am hoping they will become a lot more independent too.

I went for my first dress fitting yesterday...all I can say is wow! I think my dress is going to be even more beautiful now that it will be hemmed. And the bustle they are doing is absolutely gorgeous! It's a little tight around my newly acquired "secretary's hips," but I am working on getting those toned up. If you work at a desk job, you know what I am talking about. When you sit down ALL day long, your hips have a tendency to widen a little bit. And I have been a complete slacker about working out...that is, until now...they will be gone in a few months!!

My mom came to SA this weekend and we had a wonderful, relaxing weekend. We did a little shopping, lots of talking, and laying out by my pool. I forgot how good being in the sun feels. My mom is so funny. It's amazing how she talks to everyone, everywhere, and somehow makes friends with them all. That is something I have picked up from her, but don't do it quite as well as she does. I can't wait until she is retired and come up here whenever and leave whenever and not be on a schedule. For those that don't know, my mom is retiring from teaching in a few weeks at the end of this school year. So far she has gotten job offers from Macy's, JCPenney's, Bath and Body Works, and Jared's, but she's not sure yet what she's going to do, but she is excited to be opening her own new chapter.

And I'll add a little story about Josh and me, and I know someone who will get a kick out of this. We don't get to see each other that much since we don't live together. Honestly, I am ok with this situation because I am very independent, and enjoy my alone time. So, pretty much the only time we see each other is on the weekends. Well, since my mom was in town this weekend, we didn't see each other at all...until yesterday afternoon. I called him after she left to tell him and see what he was doing. He says that he is coming over to see me...and I was disappointed because I was hoping to do some laundry and a little picking up before my Sunday shows. He kept saying that we never get to see each other and I told him that in a very short time, we would be seeing each other all the time and would be wanting to to find alone time! Yeah, I don't think he found the humor in that.

Nikki

No comments: