Friday, May 30, 2008

To Grandmother's house they go





My kids (the dogs) are at there grandparent's house for the weekend. Josh and I are heading west to Ft. Stockton this weekend. Believe it or not, it was cheaper for me to drive 45 minutes to meet my mom than it would be to board both of them for the weekend. I met her on Wednesday evening at the rest stop on I-10 at mile marker 619. If you have never seen this rest stop, I definitely suggest you put it on your list of "must-see" things. It's awesome, especially for a rest stop!!!




If you don't know my kids, they are incredibly too smart for their own good. On Wednesday I started packing their things and telling them they were going to see their grandma. Well, Bayla knows the word 'grandma,' and he kept getting more and more excited. When I got home in the evening, I was waiting for my mom to call and tell me she was leaving, so I loaded the truck with their stuff and then just watched TV while I waited. Well, Bayla knew exactly what was going on. He was so mad at me because I didn't take them out with all the stuff and that I was just sitting on the couch doing nothing. He kept running to the door and then to me and doing his "talking" bark. He has a particular bark, except it's not really a full bark, that he does when he's trying to tell me something. He usually uses it when Rylie has a toy that he wants and he wants me to go get it from her, or in this case when he wanted me to get my butt off the couch and take him to his grandma. They were so excited they didn't even sleep in the truck. Normally they are passed out by the time I get on 1604. Nope, they stayed up to survey the surroundings. We got to the rest stop before my mom, so I walked them around while I waited. As soon as she pulled up and got out, their little butts started wiggling like crazy. They really love their grandma, so they were thrilled to see her! Grandpa RoRo on the other, I heard, was not too thrilled to see them. He always complains about them, but he loves it when Rylie wants to sit with him in his recliner. Of course, after their vet visits this month, he was ready to shoot them as much as I was! My mom called this morning and told me that I should never leave them or my future human children with him because they probably would not get taken care of! Ha! He acts all tough, but he's actually pretty soft when he gets around them.




It was really weird without them the last two days. It's amazing how time is different when they aren't around. I had so much time at lunch since I didn't have to take them out and entertain them. And then yesterday evening was so nice. I went walking and did some exercises and it was nice to not have them jumping all over me. The nights were the hardest though. Bayla has started sleeping under the bed all night, and Rylie has become my snuggle buddy. She normally likes to sleep on her pillow. (Yes, she sleeps on the pillow) But lately, she has started to sleep right next to me all night. So these past two nights have been kinda cold and lonely without my little snuggler. Luckily, at least I'm saying that now, they will be back Sunday night or Monday morning.




So, now I leave you with some pictures of the kids:




No comments: