Wednesday, August 27, 2008

It's all in the family!

I've been waiting to post about this past weekend til I can get my pics uploaded, but so far this week it hasn't been happenin'. So, you get some text now, pics later. Onto the weekend...

It was long and short at the same time, but it was good. I met Rach after work on Friday at Alfred Angelo so I could help with her dress alterations. That was all fine and good except it put Josh and me leaving SA way too late. It normally takes me about 15-20 minutes to get from my house, down 410, up 35, to 1604. On Friday it took us about 45 minutes! Yeah! Not a happy camper! But we made it without incident to the 'burg, dropped the kids off at their grandparents, and then we headed out to my grandparents for hamburgers with the family. When I say family, I mean the WHOLE family. Well, not quite WHOLE, because we were missing some, but pretty dang close. There was Harvey & Annette. Amy and her boyfriend Mike. Brandon and his girlfriend Brittany with their absolutely adorable 2 1/2 month old son Phoenix. Ken & Dawn. Doreen. Ralph & Cindy. Rossy-poo. Mom & Dad. Me & Josh. Ryan. Rach. Moni. Grandma & Grandpa. It was quite the crew and Josh hadn't met Ken & Dawn and none of us had met Mike, Brittany, or Phoenix. Dad made homemade ice cream which is always delicious. I had two big cups of it. (Last weekend was my last weekend to splurge because I have a dress to fit in!!!) It was fun to sit outside and talk with everyone.

Saturday morning started bright and early around 7:15. Josh and I took Ryan and Ross with us to the bakery for sustenance and then to LaGrange to the tux shop to get measured. Those two crack me up! Then it was back home to get dressed for the 90th birthday party!! It was a lot of fun! I got to see a lot of relatives who I haven't seen in a while, and got to visit some more with family. That was over at 2:00, but I don't think we left until 3:00. Josh and I carted Aunt Doreen and the cake to my grandparents house. We hung out there for awhile while they opened all their cards and gifts. Then we headed back to my parents to get ready for the family coming to eat dinner. Dad made shrimp gumbo!! Yum!! It was so good! I managed to pry Phoenix out of Aunt Cindy's arms for a little while and everyone kept telling me how natural it looked! HA! Yeah right! There will be none of that for quite a while!

On Sunday, Ryan wanted to resurrecte a very old family tradition. We all get up and go to 7:30 Mass and then come home to cook breakfast. We were all pretty sad looking at 7:30, but we made it through mass alright. And then we made eggs, bacon, and pancakes for breakfast which was really good! Josh and I packed up our stuff and headed out to the grandparents to say good bye to everyone. We got back into SA a little after 2:00. Josh had to fix our toilet that was not bolted to the floor! Who does that? Anyways, we got that done and I ended up in bed and asleep at 8:30!!! Pathetic, I know, but I really don't care! It was a long, tiring weekend, and I was ready for some sleep!

There was some really exciting news! My cousin Kirsten had her baby Sunday, August 24 a little after midnight, making her a great-great granddaughter!! I'll have to snag some pics from Paul's facebook of Brooklyn Ann to put on here!

No comments: