Monday, August 18, 2008

My prayers were answered

God smiled down upon me this weekend. At the beginning of last week, I began checking the weather forecasts for the coming weekend and they all said RAIN! My bridal portraits were on Saturday afternoon, so I was freaking out! But we'll get to that is a second.

I went home Thursday night to begin my fun filled weekend of wedding stuff and family time. I got up early in Friday to take my truck to Ford to get checked out. Then home to take a shower and get ready for the Praha festivities!! Dad, Rach, and I ran some errands before heading out in the heat. Lunch at Praha was so good!! The stew was the best I had had in a long time. We caught up with some people and then mom and I headed back to S'burg and then to Weimar for my practice hair session. Heather at HairStop was awesome and I got a very nice 'do on the first try. As we got back into S'burg, my truck was ready, so we picked it up, stopped by the house, loaded up the dogs, and took them to Flatonia to get lyme vaccinations. The SA vet doesn't do them, so I had to take them to Clint, who amazingly was not a smart ass while we were there. He decided to save it until he saw dad later in the evening. He and my dad have quite the love/hate-pay your bill/don't pay your bill relationship. We got back home and the dogs and I laid down for a nap which ended up being 3 hours long!! yeah! I still can't believe it. I think my body was just worn out! I got up and got ready to go back to Praha for burgers. We got there around 7:30 and by 8:00 the sky had gotten really dark and all of a sudden the heavens opened up and buckets of rain began to fall along with some serious thunder and lightening. You would have never known it was pouring because everyone kept drinking and dancing like nothing else was going on!

Saturday morning was early also and a little cloudy, but I kept saying some little prayers that it wouldn't rain. Dad and I had a good breakfast at the bakery and I got some to go. Then he and I stopped by the shop to get some rebar together for Josh to make the shepherd's hooks for the reception. That was a much easier process than I thought it was going to be. I then headed home to take a shower and get ready for my official hair appt. My hair turned out so well! And the sun was still shining, so I was really excited. We then headed out to the Kalina's because it was Grandma's 90th birthday!! and our cousin from Montana was down visiting. We had some great BBQ and birthday cake! Mom and I left after lunch to get my dress and go out to Linda's for my bridal portraits. The weather was still looking really good, so I was very excited about that! I got dressed and we got to taking pics! It was so much fun! I did a million poses. I can't wait to see what they all look like. Just when we were finishing up inside the house, I happened to look out the window and the sky was dark blue in the distance. So we hurried up and took a few outside. I also wanted some at Piano Bridge. We went down there, I got posed, and just as they started snapping, it started sprinkling. I made a beeline for the truck and about that time, t started pouring!! I was so happy that we made it!!! We went back to the house to get a few more and then we were done!!

Sunday, mom and I got up for church in Dubina...can't beat a 30 minute mass. When we got home, dad had cooked some breakfast, which was pretty good. Then dad, Ryan, and I took Rylie on a little hike to the creek. It was so hot down there! I was soaked by the time we got back. After that, mom and I headed out to the Tatum's to talk to Mrs. Tatum about doing a luncheon for me. That was a trip that lasted longer than I expected, but it was so nice to see them. When we got home, I loaded my truck, then dad, Ryan, and I went to visit Grandpa Bennie. He was so glad to see us. By the time we got home and I got the dogs loaded, it was almost 5 before I got on the road. Once I got back to SA, I unloaded, talked to Josh about his adventures with our toilet, took a shower and hit the sack for some much needed sleep! This coming weekend, I get to do some of it all over again!!

No comments: