Tuesday, December 23, 2008

The sick dog and a clean house

I got home from work yesterday to find that one of my kids had exploded all over the place. There was a mess on the floor in the living room, on the couch and on the chair (luckily I always put blankets down for them), on the floor in the bedroom, on the bed (which soaked thru the comforter and sheets), and on the chair in the bedroom. I really didn't know where to start. And the kicker is that on Sunday I had washed the sheets, their blankets, and the extra comforters I've had out since it's been cold. I wish they could reason because I really wanted to ask them, "Are you kidding me?"

So I threw one comforter in the wash and got the rest piled up and ready for action. And I have the most amazing pet cleaner ever! It took me until a few months ago to find it (and I've had dogs for almost 5 years!), and I love it! If you've ever heard of Perfect Glass cleaner, then you know what I am talking about. That stuff is awesome! Anyways, they make Perfect Pet cleaner. I saw it at Garden Ridge and thought, 'if their glass cleaner is so good, surely this would be good too.' And it is! It gets out stains and smells! And it doesn't leave that soapy residue most other pet cleaners do. (They also make Perfect Stainless for stainless steel stuff).

So, as I am cleaning up the mess, I keep thinking it's probably Bayla who has done this (because he has the sensitive stomach usually), when I see a little piece of torn plastic bag. Hmm...who could that have been from? Then I remembered Sunday night Josh came into the bedroom and informed me that Rylie had gotten into the guest room where I had put their travel baskets...complete with towels, leash, toys, medicine, and a ziploc full of treat bones. He caught her mid-chowdown and took them away. I went to the guest room and found a chewed up bag with not a whole lot of bones left. Little stinker! But you wouldn't know it that she was the culprit last night because she was acting completely normal! I did give her some diarrhea medicine just in case, but I'm sure it was all temporary. We'll see when I get home tonight!


Photobucket

No comments: