Friday, December 11, 2009

The deer

For about a month or so, my parents have had a visitor in their yard...a very sweet little doe. They think she was probably raised by humans because she likes to be around people. There are other deer that come around and she wants nothing to do with them. I have heard about this deer for awhile now, but finally got to meet her when I went home to help my mom with her Christmas decorations. One of the neighbors named her "Precious", so that is what everyone calls her.

I went out front to put some decorations up and she was across the street in the neighbor's yard. I tried calling her, but she didn't pay any attention to me. As soon as I started walking back in, she came walking across the street. She hung out in the front yard with us while we put stuff up.



She likes human contact and loves to be rubbed. She'll even put her face in your face and sniff you.



She was rubbing her head on one of the hooks




Next thing we know, we look out and she is laying down! My mom said she has never seen her get that comfortable in their yard. She has no fear!!
The neighbor that first spotted her has called some people to pick her up and take her to a farm, but I'm not sure how that is going.
It was pretty cool to be that close to such a sweet animal!!

Photobucket

No comments: