Friday, January 29, 2010

Creme Brulee

My absolute favorite dessert of all time has got to be creme brulee. I love it! When we go out to eat and make sure to save room for dessert, I get this everytime. Sometimes I love it, sometimes I am dissappointed in it, but I usually always enjoy it no matter what.

I had found a recipe online for a creme brulee cupcake quite a while ago, but haven't gotten around to actually making it until this week. There were a few glitches, but oh my gosh...it is so good! And I get to use a mini-torch! Hello! Fire! (I'm a closet pyromaniac! Really, who isn't? Fire is so much fun! I remember well, as a little kid at my grandparents, setting leaves on fire with a magnifying glass. Always on the driveway though...we didn't want to catch the farm on fire!)

I don't even know how to describe the cake part, but it includes caramel syrup, and it was good by itself. I cut out a cone and filled it with swiss merigue buttercream. This was a glitch because it didn't turn out quite right, but it still was delicious. Now, I know what to do differently next time! The finale was a sprinkling of brown sugar that then gets torched!

I thought it tasted pretty good. Josh was disappointed because he thought it would be more custardy like actual creme brulee, but he thought it was good. My dad wants me to bring him some, so I froze a few to take home.



I'd say this recipe was a success!!!


Photobucket

No comments: