Friday, January 22, 2010

Still here

Well, I'm still here and still alive.

I went to Nacogdoches last weekend for a visit, so it has kind of thrown my schedule off a little. I left last Thursday morning and got to Nac early afternoon. I immediately went to campus to visit with my aunt and and check in with Ms. Meads, my old boss at the AARC. It was so good to stay with my aunt and get to hang out with her. I haven't really spent any time with her since I left SFA.

Friday morning I drove around and looked at all the old apartments that I have lived in when I was there. Everything is still the same. Nacogdoches is still the same. The campus is still pretty much the same, but there are new buildings popping up everywhere!! Friday afternoon, I went back to the AARC to visit and Ms. Meads asked me to come along to their happy hour that afternoon and I was going to be the surprise guest. She told me that everyone was trying to guess who it could be! The looks on their faces when they walked in and saw me sitting at the table! It was priceless!! And so much fun! I had a really great time catching up with all of them! Laura came by with her daughter near the end. It was so good to see her and get to meet Madeline, who loved me! Josh says that I am the "baby whisperer." I am beginning to think he might be right! :)

Saturday morning my aunt and I got up and went to the Nac Farmers Market. We got some really great stuff and they had so much more that I wanted to get, but I didn't have the money or the space to bring it home! We then went to a photography exihibit at the SFA gallery that was awesome! Jennifer came into Nac and went to lunch with us and then to my aunt's house to visit some more. It was so good to see her and talk to her in person! Then that evening I went over to Laura's to visit some more, which was really nice because I rarely get to talk to her.

Sunday morning we got up, went to eat breakfast, and then I packed and headed back home. I was sad to leave because I had such a great time! It's a shame that it's so far away. It only took me about 4 1/2 hours, but that's not somewhere where you can just jump in the truck and go. Hopefully it won't take me another three years to make it back!!

This week has been lazy and crazy all at the same time. I have been more tired than usual, so I did take a few naps, and not get out of my pajamas all day! I am wanting to get my garden going in a few weeks, so I have been thinking about plants and what I want to do this year. We are expanding it, so I have been getting measurements for my dad and hoping we can get it done shortly! I can't wait for fresh veggies!!!

I haven't taken a picture in weeks! I hope to do a little better in the coming weeks!

Photobucket

No comments: