Sunday, January 31, 2010

Sick

I hate severely dislike my husband right now. Not really. But really. You know what I mean.

Thanks to him I am sick. Ugh! I hate being sick. Although, I doubt I dislike it as much as my husband when he is sick. Is it my husband or all men big babies when they are sick? I swear that he is never as whiny as when he doesn't feel well. Good lord, you would think he was dying! And then there is the snoring. Oh my gosh, the snoring! It's pretty bad when he's not sick, but when he is stopped up, it is unbearable! Friday night it was so bad, I couldn't even wake him up! So around 12:45, I got up, grabbed the extra blankets, and moved to the living room. Now, let me give you an idea of exactly how bad this snoring was. We have a fan in our room for him because he is like a furnace (that is another story for another time!). So, I get settled onto the couch with Rylie and some late night television. I could still hear him snoring over the fan, closed bedroom door, the television, and the heater when it came on! Seriously. I don't know when the snoring subsided, but after about two hours, I was still awake and didn't hear anything. I didn't think anything of it, but then started to wonder if he was still breathing at all! I go check on him, and thankfully he is sleeping soundly with no snoring. I go back to my "bed" and try to fall asleep. He gets up the next morning, comes in the living room, and asks me why I am on the couch. He didn't even know I had gotten up! Geez.

He hasn't been feeling well for almost a week now, and we thought it was allergies. Yeah. Guess again! I felt it coming on last night in the back of my throat, but I didn't think it would hit me too hard. At least not overnight. I was so wrong! I woke up in the middle of the night and could barely swallow. I was up at 7 because I couldn't take it anymore. I think the mornings are the worst. I immediately made up a batch of honey/apple cidar vinegar to gargle. That stuff is amazing! It burns like hell, but at least I don't have to pop as many pills for a sore throat.

I think I might try to take a nap now. The dogs have been pretty lazy today, so I might curl up with them. My sweet little space heaters!!


Photobucket

No comments: