Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Now back to our regularly scheduled Christmas 2009 recap...

I'm a horrible procrastinator. I know this. I embrace it. But it's over a week after Christmas and I'm still posting about it. Yeah, that's a little sad. But this Christmas was pretty good. And I took a ton of pictures.



This is going to be all about the tons of food we ate during the Christmas weekend. It's a little sickening. You've been warned! :)

My dad's sister from Vegas was down and she was in a food/candy making mood! Most of this stuff is courtesy of her ideas!



Of course, I made red velvet cake balls!


And I made cinnamon sugar pecans which are always a huge hit!


These pralines were courtesy of my aunt!


My dad decided that he wanted to make homemade poppyseed kolaches for the weekend. It was a huge undertaking, but they were soooo good! My grandpa even said they were really good!
Kneading the dough



You wouldn't believe how many kolaches come out of a ball of dough this size!



Almost ready to go in the oven



Fresh out of the oven!


All of our baked goods ready to go!


Christmas Eve buffet!


Pretty cake balls!


My dad also decided he wanted to make a Lemon Meringue Pie with fresh lemons. It turned out really good!!


And this is just the dessert table for Christmas Day. I completely forgot to take a picture of the rest of the food!
We were all so full every day! It took me a few days to get my system back on track and to even get hunger pains again! And I also have a few extra pounds to get rid of!! :)

Photobucket

No comments: